Established in 1984, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. has held over 125 live auctions, realizing over $190 million in sales of decoys, paintings, and related sporting items. Our firm has handled the most important decoys and collections in North America and we have set nearly all of the world records in these categories: duck and shorebird decoys, fish decoys and plaques, duck calls and crow calls, decorative carvings, shotgun shell boxes, salesman sample canoes, and other related items.
- We conduct three auctions each year at different locations throughout the United States. A regional advantage that ensures the highest client satisfaction.
- With over 12,000 active users in our global mailing list, catalog distribution of nearly 2,000 per auction, and the best decoy-dedicated website, we ensure exposure of your collection to all interested potential collectors.
Our clientele is comfortable buying from us because our guaranteed catalog descriptions provide confidence in the condition and value of collectible items, resulting in a willingness to spend more with the comfort and security this guarantee provides.
- May 29 & 30, 2020 - Easton, MD. Held at The Westin Lombard with the Midwest Decoy Collectors Show - the largest sporting collector show in the country! Held at the Pheasant Run Resort, this cataloged auction offers approximately 700 investment quality decoys, artwork, and related items.
- August 18 & 19, 2020- Portsmouth, NH. Annual summer sale in New England. Held at the Sheraton Harborside - Portsmouth, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork, & related items. Enjoy our indoor buy, sell and swap with a 50-table decoy show. NO SALES TAX! Free cocktails and lunch for auction attendees.
- November 2020 - Easton, MD in conjunction with the Easton Waterfowl Festival. Estimated attendance: 15,000 - 20,000. Held at the Talbot County Community Center, this cataloged auction offers approximately 600 investment quality decoys, artwork & related items.
With the health and well-being of members, show attendees, support staff, and the broader community always at the fore, the Board of Directors of the Midwest Decoy Collectors Association has cancelled this year’s North American Vintage Decoy & Sporting Collectibles Show scheduled for May 5-9, 2020 at the Westin-Chicago hotel in Lombard, IL.
THEREFORE, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. has elected not hold our annual auction in Chicago and are working out details for executing the sale from Maryland. The auction dates have moved to May 29-30, and the auction will include nearly 600 lots of decoys and sporting art. Interested parties can bid live at the auction, by phone, internet, or absentee. The auction will be called by Jim Julia. A catalog for the auction will be available the first week of April both online at www.GuyetteandDeeter.com or by ordering a hard copy from the office 410-745-0485. In addition to a scaled down preview prior to the auction, we will be hosting a few small regional previews prior to the sale at different geographic locations. If you are interested in more details about specific lots, please contact Gary Guyette at 410-745-0485 or Jon Deeter at 440-610-1768.
Our weekly online auction, DECOYSFORSALE.COM, will continue as usual, and you can expect to see more than our typical selection of decoys and collectibles posted for sale.In an effort to minimize the spread and exposure of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the office is open by appointment only. We ask that you please call ahead if you’d like to drop off consignments, pick up purchases, or preview any of the decoys in the upcoming sale. We are taking precautions to keep you and our staff safe. Thank you for your patience and understanding during the coming months… please stay healthy!
We will continue to add items to our May auction preview. Click here to view the preview.
Left to right: Joe French, Jim McCleery, Lloyd Griffith, and Bud Ward at the April 1993 Guyette & Schmidt auction.
We are pleased to announce that we have been selected to auction the collection of legendary decoy collector, Dr. Lloyd Griffith. His collecting vengeance began in the early 1960s and extended over 50 years. He set several world records during his tenure as an acquirer. He attended many of the early Bourne auctions including the sales of the William J. Mackey, Jr. collection where he purchased several of the items that remained in his collection until now. He was also a very close friend of Dr. James McCleery. He bought aggressively at the January 2000 McCleery sale, and seven of those items have remained in his possession. The Griffith collection will be sold in our May 29 & 30, 2020 and August 18 & 19, 2020 sales.
Click here to view the May auction preview.
Website updated March 20, 2020
May Auction Preview
Click here to view May 2020 preview
Have a decoy you know nothing about?
Send us a photo, and we'll appraise it for free
with no obligations.
Our November auction catalog still available.
Click here for more information
Decoys For Sale Online Auctions
We now offer weekly online auctions.
New lots are added every Thursday, and
available for bidding for one week.
Where We Are
Click here to see where our trucks will be next if you would like us to pick up your decoys. This link will take you to our calendar of upcoming events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email newsletter list.
Details about each of the three auctions:
Our April auction in St. Charles, Illinois